Works on Paper
Skip Arnold, Fred Eerdekens, Jeff Gabel, Anna Galtarossa, Lori Hersberger, Zilvinas Kempinas, Vincent Lamouroux, Zilla Leutenegger, Bernhard Martin, Mathieu Mercier, Olivier Mosset, Amy O'Neill, Sven Påhlsson, Jeffrey Sturges, Edwin Zwakman
13 January – 19 February, 2005
Spencer Brownstone Gallery is delighted to kick off 2005 with a group exhibition of drawings and works on paper by gallery artists. The show will explore a range of approaches to drawing, from preparatory sketches and interpretive plans, through condensed jewel-like finished pieces and ambitious large-scale installations.
• A series of new pencil and watercolor drawings by Zilla Leutenegger.
• A huge installation of wallpaper designed by Lori Hersberger.
• An innovative 3D interpretation of the drawn line in space by Zilvinas Kempinas.
• A new silkscreen triptych by Olivier Mosset.
• An installation of large watercolors and framed drawings by Vincent Lamouroux, mixing images of utopian industrial landscapes with sketches of sci-fi movie sets.
• Anna Galtarossa’s wonderfully unreliable interpretive map for her recent installation in the gallery’s stairwell.
• A selection of poetic new watercolors by Fred Eerdekens featuring the artist's familiar word and image-play.
• Three cave drawings from Amy O'Neill's recent series based on 1960s postcards of natural wonders.
• A selection of new work by Jeff Gabel, whose recent drawings show at the gallery in June, the New York Times described as ‘like listening to a truck driver tell stories in a bar in Alabama’…
• Two little mixed-media gems from Bernhard Martin.